Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Challenge

The challenge this fortnight at Crafters Anonymous is to recreate one of your childhood memories in any medium. One of my best memories is reading Enid Blyton books. The Magic Faraway Tree was one of my all time favourites. I would immerse myself in the fantasies and wonderment of her words. I used to wish I could go there and see all of the characters.



The tree's leaves would whisper "wisha, wisha". The children could not see what was in the tree until they climbed it - how exciting would that be....


3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I used to love reading her books too ....
    what a great memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome Dee, and what lovely memories. I too loved reading books as a child... still love reading books actually. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto for me to!! books were such a important part of our growing up!! Great project Dee

    ReplyDelete