Saturday, March 12, 2011

Go The Crusaders....

Another win to the Crusaders last night in Nelson, 52-10. Weewhooo!! Because of the devastating earthquake in Christchurch on Feb 22 the Crusader Super 15 team have played two games in Nelson. Its been just awesome - even though I don't get to see the games (I'm out the back cooking hot dogs and chips).
I took my 5 year old grandson, Reuben to the game last night and all he wanted to see was the horses and Richie McCaw. Last week the team walked past us to get to their changing rooms but last night they were bused in - I was gutted. Ah well at least he saw the horses and horsemen racing around the field. He was so fascinated with them waving their swords.
After the game when we were cleaning up (all the crowd had long gone) who should walk by but RICHIE, Dan Carter, Sonny Bill Williams and Todd Blackadder. The Crusader franchise is just fantastic - so accommodating and friendly. They all stopped and let us take photos and gave Reuben hi fives. Thank you sooo much you made Reuben's night and his Nan Nans lol.

I have to get the photo of Sonny Bill off my friends phone - can't wait to see that one as he picked Reuben up and had the photo taken. All Reuben could say was "he is very tall!"

Here's hoping we get another game in Nelson soon.

Have a crafty day.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh Dee, what an exciting night for both you and Reuben!!! And Dan and Sonny Bill too!!!! Wish I was there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's real cool for your grandson- and great photos- perfect for scrapping ;)

    ReplyDelete