Wednesday, October 12, 2011

70th Birthday

This is the card I made for my Aunty who turned 70 yesterday (she doesn't look a day over 60). Her favourite colour is yellow and she is a dab hand at sewing - she made my wedding dress 31 years ago when she was training to be a nurse. I immediately thought of the stamp set "Sew Suite" (for the sewing side) and I had seen these dresses on blogs and thought I would make it in yellow (for the favourite colour) and "voila" this is what I came up with. I got my inspiration from Connie Collins.
The dress was a bit fiddly but the end result is pretty neat I think. I added pearls as she also liked to get glammed up every now and then.


Happy Birthday Aunty Cyn - I hope your day was awesome!!

Happy crafting.


Dee

1 comment:

  1. WOW - I love it. I'm sure the birthday girl will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete